Friday, August 22, 2008

The Honeymoon Is Over

The first thing Bohdin said this morning when he woke up was "Remember I had that bug in my drink and I spit it out?" I wouldn't have picked that to be the most memorable event of yesterday.

We met Tyken and a 2 year old girl from playgroup at the zoo yesterday. Bohdin wanted to take his digger and loader because one wanted to see the giraffe's long neck and the other wanted to see the elephant spraying water. I was fine with that as long as I didn't have to hold them. Everything was going fine until we made it to the sea lions. There was an educational sign with a button to press. Bohdin wanted a turn but Tyken kept it covered. That made Bohdin sad and he started to cry. We sat and had a picnic lunch. Bohdin and Tyken were holding sticks and Bohdin wanted Tyken to drop his so they could drop together. Tyken didn't want to drop his. Bohdin just kept following Tyken around saying "I'm using my words." Tyken probably understood what Bohdin wanted this time but he simply didn't want to drop the stick. This made Bohdin sad and pouty. He sat by himself for a while. After he recovered he went to play with Tyken again. They were playing around some rocks and Bohdin ends up crying again. Later in the car he told me that Tyken was standing on a rock that he wanted to stand on. He said something to Tyken and Tyken pointed to another rock that Bohdin could stand on. I guess that made Bohdin cry or sad or something because then Tyken said they could stand on the rock together which made Bohdin even sadder. I don't know what more Tyken could have done. Bohdin was just in a pouty mood yesterday. I've experienced it before and it is tough. When a compromise sets him off even more what is one supposed to do? Hopefully Tyken can forgive Bohdin's bad mood.

We all rode on the train at the zoo and Bohdin said it was fun. He doesn't look like he's having an especially good time in the picture but he said he liked it. This train went on a track as opposed to the train the previous day which went on the sidewalk. Bohdin liked that fact much better. We had to leave afterwards because it was way past nap time. Nyla had already had a loud meltdown as we were waiting for the train to depart. She fell asleep almost immediately in the car.

Nyla had a brief nap and afterwards we went to get her 12 month shot taken. We weren't really prepared to take it now but she wont' be 12 months much longer. She has a bruised cheek, busted lip, and a cut above her eye but the picture turned out well anyway. Last night she fell on the concrete step and added a large red spot on her forehead so at least we avoided that. Out of the 56 shots the guy took she was smiling in all of them. It was an easy and fast photo shoot. The $9.95 package contained a ton of pictures so if anyone wants one let me know. Bohdin couldn't resist looking at all of them and has already slightly bent several of them.

 
 
 
 

I promised Bohdin we could go to the playground afterwards and we tried the new one they built near Paul's house. It's a great playground esecially for elementary kids. They actually have a tall steep slide which I don't see very often. They also had a see saw. Bohdin was excited about that and enjoyed riding it for a while. He was lighter than the other kid so he was bounced around a bit at the top which I don't think felt too good. There is a Sonic nearby and I bought Bohdin a slush before going to the playground. They don't have Sonic in Maryland. The wasps were buzzing around the slush while we were at the playground. Bohdin said mine had a bug in it so I just threw it away. Bohdin took a drink of his and spit it out. There on the ground amid orange slush was a wasp. It didn't move at all. Maybe it drowned in the slush or just was slow because of the cold. I'm glad it didn't hurt him. Bohdin decided to keep his drink although I'm not sure he ever took another sip.

Bohdin played outside a bit more after coming back to Paul's house. I guess he and Paul watched the Olympics or something while I was putting Nyla to sleep because he was excited about the dancers he saw on tv. Both kids have been going to bed way too late. At least they're sleeping in a bit in the morning.

We're off to grandma's house tonight. Bohdin fell one time there and landed in some cactus. He has never forgotten that and is quite careful around cactus. I don't think Nyla will be remotely careful. I'm glad she won't be able to climb stairs there becasue I'm tired of carrying her back down the stairs. She likes to climb halfway up to the landing and turn around and wait for me to see her. I don't like the game nearly as much as she does. Sometimes she thinks she can walk down stairs just by holding on and she really can't.

I forgot to mention that on the way out of the zoo we passed the elphants. If you recall, Bohdin wanted his digger to see the elephant spraying water. I didn't tell him that it was highly unlikely but I was thinking it. One of the elephants was being watered down and we did indeed see the elephant spraying water out of his trunk.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams do come true! Glad the digger saw the elephant....

P said...

Bohdin and I watched some dancing on the tv and when he was done he said "that was so cool", he is already talking like a teenager. He then showed me a few of his moves but I think he kept the best ones secret in case we have a dance off before he leaves