Monday, August 25, 2008

I Love You

We went down to Trinidad to see grandma this weekend. Nyla didn't have the easiest trip down but we did make it. Grandma's house is great for kids for several reasons. The house is one story with lots of loops so it's great for playing chase. There is a long hallway which is great for all sorts of games such as bowling or tackle. There is a large outdoor area to explore. Both kids had a good time there. I was very happy not to have to chase Nyla up the stairs.

Bohdin, Nyla, and I went to the farmer's market in the morning. It is next to the new playground in town and when Bohdin saw it he couldn't resist. There are two very tall covered twisty slides on the play structure. He started climbing up and nearly changed his mind. It was really high. I waited for him at the bottom and could hear thump, bump, bonk as he was coming down. He finally made it down to where I could see him and he was sideways. He looked completely out of control, more like he fell down the slide. When he made it to the bottom he declared it fun and wanted to try it again. He did try it again once more without the bumping this time. I was proud of him for going on such a tall steep slide. Actually I was proud of him for trying it even though he was a little scared.

Without tv or internet access people are forced to do other things to pass the time. Paul chased Bohdin around until he was too tired. I won't tell you how long that was so I don't embarrass him. Which adult can match the energy of a 3 year old though? Next he took him outside to paint the sidewalk with his sidewalk paints. This then led to sprinkler wars. I think they both won.
 

Paul and Bohdin played together a lot on Saturday. That evening they made popcorn together. Paul didn't like when Bohdin spit back some of his popcorn back in the bowl they were sharing. I had already warned him once so I took the popcorn away and got him ready for bed. Bohdin said he was sad and cried. With all of his crying I was having a hard time putting Nyla to sleep. Bohdin ended up leaving the bedroom. I checked on Bohdin after Nyla fell asleep. He was sitting with Paul eating crackers and didn't want to come with me. After a few more minutes I went to get him again. "I love you" back. He's the 3rd person to get an I love you after me and Buddy. Buddy thought it was pretty fast but he hasn't seen how much time Paul has been spending with him.

 

When Bohdin was two (I think) he fell in some cactus at grandma's house. He has been extra careful around cactus since then. When we went on a walk he did a really good job of avoiding the cactus by himself this time. We collected rocks, flowers, golf balls, and a toy plane on our walk. We also found some gourds and Bohdin and Nyla had a rousing game of fill the bucket with gourds. Nyla did other fun things as well. She jumped on the little trampoline. She walked to her heart's content. Here she is playing the piano.
 

 

Nyla woke up grumpy so duty calls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: