Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Much Stuff

Bohdin is laying next to me so I asked him what he did yesterday. He said he wouldn't tell me. When I asked why he said it was because it was so much stuff. We have been doing more here not only because there is more to do but because there is stuff that is close by. In Maryland we have to travel 20-30 minutes to do anything and that's just one way. It makes an outing less spontaneous because nap schedules need to be considered.

Yesterday we met Tyken at the play area of the new shopping center nearby. All of the new shopping centers are starting to look alike. They are outdoor pedestrian areas with a play area in the center. It had the shooting jets of water, a small play area and a train to ride. Bohdin rode the train with Tyken although he was hesitant to go without me. In the end he did. None of the pictures show him having a great time but he said it was fun. He commented that the train went on the road instead of the track.

Bohdin and Tyken played in the water afterwards. Nyla didn't play in the water. She prefers puddles of water to shooting jets. We couldn't stay too long since we were meeting Paul for lunch at the Indian restaurant that recently opened near his house. Nyla ate a ton of food. It was her first time eating Indian food.

At Paul's house he shared a popsicle outside with Bohdin just like old times. Bohdin was having fun outside and didn't want to come in for a nap. He filled the watering can with water from the hose and watered the grass. He really misses having a yard. I miss it also since I can't tell him to go outside and play anymore without all three of us going with him. Bohdin is an outdoor sort of kid and we didn't take his needs into account enough when we decided on the condo. Well actually we did but it hasn't worked out like planned. Nyla used to just eat everything outside which made it difficult. Now she's getting older and wants to walk into the street. I also didn't realize how ugly the weather would be out there. Not the temperatures but the wind. I need to make more of an effort to get Bohdin outside instead of making excuses.

These are 2T swim trunks. It seems like he needs something with a bigger waist.
 

 

 

Nyla is wearing one of the new diaper covers that my friend made. I made a dress for her daughter in exchange. I got the better end of the deal.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: