I put Nyla to sleep after we came back from Costco yesterday. Bohdin almost always watches tv while I do this. I went in to check on him and he was watching an infomercial instead of Super Why. He was really excited about it and was telling me that the show was about knives. Bohdin's brain was working faster than his mouth but it sounded like they had a lot of other knives and cutting devices in a cardboard box. I'm going to be deleting most of the channels from that tv today including Nickelodeon. Buddy saw a program on it this weekend that he didn't like so we'll just cut it out. The shows on PBS are much better.
After Nyla woke up I made dinner. Bohdin hardly ate anything. As we were getting ready to go to National Night Out on post I asked Bohdin if he ate anything while Nyla was sleeping. He frequently gets snacks for himself so it's not unusual. He mumbled something and ran into the bedroom. I walked out of the room and came back to see him putting something into the freezer. I tried to look but he told me he didn't want me to see. It was the frozen orange juice concentrate. I'm glad he remembered to put it away. His favorite snack is nuts. This morning he pulled green beans from the fridge for a snack.
We went to National Night Out on post and it was okay. Bohdin hadn't taken a nap so he was more prone to crying. He thought about trying the bouncy house but wanted Nyla to do it with him. She's still a tad young I think. Suddenly a bunch of kids swarmed the place and Bohdin didn't want to do it anymore. We thought we might give it a try later but it didn't work out. We did get a few freebies but nothing interesting. Bohdin, of course, didn't want to see any of the equipment set up either. They had a police car and fire truck and some Army vehicles that the kids could explore. If we go back next year it will be quite a bit different since Nyla will probably be interested and Bohdin can feel more secure with her presence.

No comments:
Post a Comment