Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sandy Point State Park

Bohdin has been asking to go back to the beach ever since we went to Virginia Beach. Although the Chesapeake Bay is quite close it doesn't have a beach. The beaches on the Atlantic Ocean in Maryland and Delaware are about 3 hours away. I did discover a state park in Annapolis that had a beach. The charge was $5 per person which I thought was pretty high for the short time we would be there. Yesterday was a beautiful day and I thought we would give it a try. It turns out that children are free so it only cost $5 to get in. It's only 10 minutes past the mall so the drive wasn't too bad for the area. When Buddy saw the pictures he said it looked like they dumped construction grade sand and made a beach. I felt the same way. The beach looks completely artificial. The sand is very coarse. Bohdin liked it okay but not as much as Virginia Beach. One of the things he didn't like was all of the jellyfish in the water. Some boys caught one five feet in front of us. We were five feet from the water. Those suckers were coming practically on shore. Nyla didn't like it there at all at first but she warmed up to it a bit. Bohdin enjoyed it. We might try to go later in the day sometime when the sun isn't so high. Nyla refuses to wear a hat and I was worried about her burning.

On the drive home, I glanced back in the mirror to see something white on Nyla's hand. She's going through that terrible gagging herself phase so I thought maybe she just had some spit up. I asked Bohdin about it and he said it was the sunscreen. I left it in her reach and she had opened it up. When I asked him if she had made a big mess he glanced over and started laughing. Not a good sign. She did make a mess back there.

Bohdin was naked at dinner (slept in bathing suit, took off after nap but not replaced). I was in the kitchen working on the next pizza to go in the oven and glanced over when he started talking. He said something about tickling a penis. I went over to talk to him about his penis because I want him to know that nobody should touch it but him. I was asking him questions and he finally said that it is a game that you play with one person.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Ray's comment when I related the one-person-game story to him: "someone call Milton Bradley, I think that game could have some legs."

P said...

I can't see any of the pictures from today, is it working for anyone else?