Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pack Mule

We made it back to Maryland yesterday with a ton of stuff. Buddy said it was like I was coming back from another country. I stopped at the thrift store and picked up clothes for the kids, books, Magic School bus videos, and a few pieces for myself. The thrift stores here are small and expensive. Bohdin already had plenty of clothes for this winter so I focused on next summer. In addition I brought back a lot of pumpkin seeds and freshly roasted chiles. I can't buy hot roasted chiles here. The pumpkin seeds aren't as good either. Instead of sending myself a package as I had intended I packed everything in our suitcases. They were so heavy. Paul helped us to the gate but in Baltimore we were on our own. Bodhin pulled his Thomas suitcase which may have weighed more than him. It's a slight uphill to get out of the airport and at one point Bohdin said "Mommy look at my hand". It had a red mark on it from the suitcase digging in. I was dying myself with Nyla on my back, and 4 bags. After a few breaks we did make it.

Not much else happened so I thought I would add pictures and things that I have either forgotten or didn't have room for earlier.

Nyla climbing on the stool to eat leftovers. She is really interested in eating with utensils right now. She is even more interested in climbing.
 

In Paul's backyard
 

At grandma's house
 

On the trampoline at grandma's house. Both Bohdin and Nyla liked jumping on it. She is wearing Bohdin's pajama top in this picture.
 

When we were at grandma's house, Paul asked Bohdin to guess how old he was. Bohdin guessed 156 and 100 which is his version of the biggest number he knows. Paul then asked how old I was. Bohdin said 31.

I forgot to mention that we have new next door neighbors. They have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I have yet to meet the kids but I've heard them.

I can't remember if I already mentioned it but Bohdin is such a great traveler now. He has come really really far. In the airport he does everything himself. He doesn't even need help on the escalator with his suitcase. In the airplane he was able to occupy himself for most of the 3+ hour flight. I remember when it was constant work to keep him occupied in the plane. Nyla is at the tough stage now. I couldn't keep her in my lap even on takeoff. When the plane was still on the ground she crawled under my seat and came out in the row behind. The guy behind us had been bumped from first class so I don't think he was in the mood to have babies popping up at his feet.

It's back to the old grindstone here. It was a nice break. Now it's time to clean.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

anna said...

random comments:
Paul doesn't look a day over 50.

Nyla's outfit in the middle picture is really cute.

I bet it will be nice having more kids in your building. You can now just say that they are the noise makers :)

Helen said...

Thanks. That's one of the outfits I made for her. Someday soon I should post those pictures.

P said...

thanks Anna, Helen did a good job photoshopping the pictures I guess.