Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chalk Art

We went to Ikea on Monday to get Nyla a chair. Bohdin has a little table and chair where he does his workbooks and sometimes eats. Whenever Bohdin is sitting there Nyla has a strong urge to also sit in the chair. Bohdin found a child sized rocking chair that he liked. When he sat in it he declared if we bough the chair then he wouldn't need me anymore. I did not want to buy two rocking chairs but I may have to rethink that. Bohdin is still talking about it. While there we also saw an art easel which we picked up. It's missing the chalk bin so we'll have to go back to Ikea soon. Not today since it's snowing and actually sticking. It snowed for many hours yesterday but no accumulation.

 

The kids like to play on the rocking chair outside. Bohdin pretends it is a train. Yesterday Nyla insisted on being the conductor so Bohdin and I went to the other parts of the train like the closet and popsicle room.

 

Bohdin dancing
 
 

I'm trying to play stickerman while writing this so all of the things I had planned to write are now gone. I'm pretending to be Bohdin. He likes us to pretend to be different people although it is not a game I enjoy. Usually we pretend to be Tyken.

Bohdin made a mess on the carpet the other day. I told him how difficult it was to clean the carpet when there was dark chocolate ice cream melted on it. He told me we should get a special vacuum that uses steam. "Inside a pad it has some things that the dirt goes up through. It locks it in place so it can't go back on the floor again. But if you use a dirty mop and some clean water, the floor will be damaged. But if you use steam with clean water and that vacuum it makes the floor not damaged." Bohdin loves informercials.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

P said...

Bodhin can be the new sham-wow guy. Why does Nyla's hair have blue streaks.

Helen said...

She's experimenting with her look by putting finger paint in her hair.

Unknown said...

Sofia is totally hooked on infomercials too! My little brother always loved them too. He also loved cooking shows.