When we have leftovers in the fridge and I'm not cooking I let Bohdin decide what he wants for dinner. Last night he chose a bean sandwich. He made this sandwich himself and then did actually eat it. He had to give one slice of bread to Nyla because once she saw his food she had to have the same. I chose something different.
Normally when Buddy is gone I put one child to sleep first and then the other. Nyla is disruptive while Bohdin is trying to sleep so she is usually first unless Bohdin is very tired and Nyla isn't. Last night I decided to do both at the same time. I turned off all of the lights and had Bohdin on one side of me and Nyla on the other. That wasn't good. Nyla needed to be on the other side. Bohdin without grumbling gave up his side each time. I finally put an end to it because I knew that Nyla didn't want a particular side, she wanted to be in the middle. Eventually she got her way and Bohdin fell asleep soon afterward. It took Nyla an additional 15 minutes to fall asleep. I turned on the tv just in time for the half time show of the Super Bowl which I had no interest in seeing. I didn't watch much of the game.
There is still some ice and snow outside despite some warmer temperatures this weekend. When there was more on the ground I took Bohdin and Nyla ice sledding. The ice storm came right on the heels of the snow so there was a one inch layer of snow covered by a sheet of ice. Bohdin and Nyla slid down some small hills on their butts. It was so slippery that I was relieved to be back on regular ground. By yesterday the melting snow had formed some large puddles. Nyla couldn't resist any of them and came back home with cold wet feet. It's another beautiful day today so we'll go to the playground later.
Bohdin loves using the blow dryer because he likes to use the wind to move things around. It always starts off innocently enough by drying actual hair but then the blow dryer creeps toward the toilet paper and then out of the bathroom entirely to find something to blow. In the bathtub the other day Bohdin asked if he could blow dry his hair. I wasn't fooled by his request especially since his hair had not a drop of water on it. He likes to pour water on Nyla's head so he did dry her hair briefly.
Here is Nyla's mad face. She looks just like Buddy when he is mad.

2 comments:
I ate many a bean sandwich as a kid, yummy with salsa!
safety tip...remember water and electricity don't mix...
you need to watch the movie "Big Daddy" it can get dangerous when you starting letting kids make their own decisions. He may ending up calling himself Frankenstein and eating ice cream for breakfast.
Post a Comment