Thursday, February 19, 2009

Move over Van Trapp family

Bohdin has been singing to Nyla in the car since she was a small baby. Almost every single time that song was ABC. Now Nyla can hum the song but doesn't even attempt the words. I checked out a CD at the library and the ABC song was on there. She started singing along. Bohdin couldn't understand why she wasn't doing the right words but now just copies her lyrics.



Bohdin made up a dance to one of the songs which I think was inspired from him watching a video of a friend's dance recital. You can see part of Nyla's arm on the edge of the video as she copies Bohdin's moves.



Bohdin buckles the top buckle of his seat belt so now Nyla insists on doing her top buckle as well. If there is any hint of outside help she cries and wants to start over. Now it's even slower to run errands with them.

I've pretty much given up on the potty training for Nyla. She has learned a lot since beginning. She now holds her pee better and she knows when she needs to be. The problem is she hates getting pee on her leg which happens if there is an accident. So now to avoid any accidents in not getting to the potty in time she spreads her legs as wide as she can while standing and pees. I prefer diapers to cleaning up pee messes.

Bohdin wanted to make banana bread and this time Nyla wanted to help. Cooking with one child can be interesting but cooking with two is a challenge. They each wanted something to do. I found myself racing to get as much done as possible while they were focused on beating the eggs or measuring the flour. She did do a good job with the eggs but she didn't measure the sugar very well. In several years though I'll have two extra chefs around here.

4 comments:

P said...

do you remember how old Bohdin was when he started using the potty on his own?

Helen said...

I remember when he stopped wearing diapers at night and when he stopped wearing diapers during the day but I've forgotten how he got there. At some point he transitioned from us putting him on the potty when we thought were good peeing times to him telling us. I'm racking my brain but I don't remember at all.

Anonymous said...

So Nyla knows the value of repetition repetition repetition repetition...........
Need to put Bohdin on "Busta Move!"

Unknown said...

Those videos are adorable!!