Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stalking Tyken

We spent yesterday following Tyken. We went to Tyken's house. We went to the thrift store with Tyken. We went to eat with Tyken. We went to the playground with Tyken. Luckily, Tyken likes Bohdin a lot so he wanted us everywhere. For a while another little boy was with us along with his mom. Tyken plays with him frequently. At Tyken's house those two boys played together but Bohdin was too busy playing with all of the new toys to feel left out. At the thrift store though it didn't go as well. The other boy was telling Bohdin what to do and Bohdin doesn't know how to respond to this yet. He doesn't understand that he can just say no or let's do something else. I hope that is something he learns on this trip. Bohdin needs to learn to communicate more effectively when he's angry. The other boy was tired and needed to leave so soon it was just Bohdin and Tyken again. That worked out a lot better.

After eating, we went to a nearby playground. Tyken loves to climb but Bohdin didn't want to. Bohdin seemed a little mad from where I was standing but then went to a play structure that he was interested in while Tyken climbed. Eventually they found something to do together. They were exhausted from the climbing and running and settled in for some hole digging.

Bohdin and Nyla were both asleep by the time Paul came home at five. Nyla eventually woke back up for a few hours. That gave her some time to play with Paul's exercise ball and do some drumming.

 
 
 
 

There is an interview going around the internet so I did it with Bohdin. I want to make it a yearly interview. I asked these questions yesterday morning. I'm asking him again today. Any new answers are in []. It's interesting to see what changed and what didn't.

Interview with a 4 year old Bohdin.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
That you need to pee?
[Let's read]

2. What makes mom happy?
Cleaning up. That's my guess.
[Exercising]

3. What makes mom sad?
Falling

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
By making funny jokes

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Huh?
[You were a baby]

6. How old is your mom?
20?

7. How tall is your mom?
1 elephant (Children's books always use elephants as a unit of measure for some odd reason)
[As tall as a grownup?]

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
play?

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
You wait for me. I'm so good at these questions.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Being a magician
[Is it because you are a very good singer?]

11. What is your mom really good at?
Playing
[Singing?]

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Running

13. What does your mom do for a job?
Drive a airplane?
[Building?]

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
Pasta?
[Broccoli?]

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
I don't know. I can't think of anything.
[That you play so much]

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
You would be somebody that needs electricity. (He didn't understand this question. He was referring to the tv needing electricity.)

Why?
Because you need to watch tv.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Play

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Your socks are the same color as my jeans
[We aren't the same. You're wearing a gray shirt and I'm wearing red underwear.]

19. How are you and your mom different?
I have a gray shirt and you have a red shirt.
[I already told you! You're wearing a gray shirt and I'm wearing red underwear.]

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Because I exercise a lot.
[I don't know. Now let's keep reading.]

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
He works

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
To the thrift store?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P said...

the answer to this question is great. Bohdin already gets it:

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
He works