Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spelling

On the way to the store today Bohdin wanted to know what some things spelled. He chose abd, adb, and caik. After each one I told him that they don't spell a word. After the third one he started crying and said in frustration "I can't spell anything". I tried to sooth his damaged ego. We decided that we would choose 10 words to learn how to spell. After seeing his list we may also want to choose another technique. His list is: tree, wood, house, bricks, wall, paint, car, van, truck, and jeep. When I get my computer back I'll have to reasearch some learning techniques.

Paul mentioned the other day that he likes Bohdin's inventions. He actually has a lot of them but I usually forget them when I'm on the computer. Since he told me I've been trying hard to remember. On the way back from the store today he invented the "superfast buying machine". It has a long arm that would pick up everything you need. In addition you wouldn't have to pay for the items. "Instead of paying 30 dollars and 100 cents you would pay 0 dollars and 0 cents so it would be free." I told him there would be great demand for such a product. When Nyla was having trouble pooping he wanted to invent something with batteries that would go up her butt and help the poop come out. That one didn't sound like as much of a winner. Other recent ones include a machine that would turn red lights green and cars that can drive on air so they can fly over red lights.

Bohdin has been killing me with hard questions lately. He must know that I can't look anything up on the computer right now. "What is inside an egg yolk?" "What is inside a root?" "What is inside a leaf?" "What is inside a belly button?" I've taken some of these things down to a subatomic level but describing these things are hard. I'm not exactly sure what kind of answer he is looking for. I described the belly button as 3 tubes but I don't know how to describe what is inside steel. It's just steel. It's iron and something. I'm not an encylopedia. In fact, I've discovered I know almost nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know "almost nothing" about Bohdin's current questions; he just hasn't reached your fields of expertise yet!

Anonymous said...

Start with phonetics.

P said...

so let Bohdin know that steel is mostly iron with some kind alloying agent, the majority of the time it is carbon, but steel is 99% iron.