Sunday, February 8, 2009

Running Mate

The weather has been beautiful this weekend. We haven't seen such warm weather since early November. The playground was swarming with kids on Saturday. Bohdin was looking for somebody to run with but we couldn't find anybody. The kids there were either too old or too young. The two that were close in age didn't want to play with Bohdin (I asked). Bohdin felt so lonely. Nyla on the other hand was feeling quite adventurous. It was difficult to try to play with Bohdin while keeping Nyla safe. In the end I failed at both. Nyla fell off the playground equipment and Bohdin never played tag or store or bus the way he wanted.

We went for a long walk today and on the way back stopped at the playground. This time there was a boy there who Bohdin had played with last summer. He came up to Bohdin and asked him if he wanted to play chase. Bohdin didn't. I felt bad for this kid because he looked just as sad as Bohdin had yesterday. I didn't mind that Bohdin didn't play with him because he had a terrible sounding cough and the snot coming out of his nose was nearly to his lip. I don't want us to get sick. We're going to Colorado next week. We left the playground as quickly as possible. Nyla cried the whole way home because she wanted to stop.

The power cord for our computer is broken so there won't be any pictures for a few days and maybe not even posts. It's too hard to type on Buddy's phone. I'm using his work computer right now. Bohdin is tired right now so duty calls.

No comments: