Monday, February 23, 2009

Not mommy

When Buddy comes back from a trip, Nyla usually shrieks and runs for the door. Bohdin usually finishes what he is doing before saying hello. Based on the initial response it would seem that Nyla is the most excited but it is really Bohdin. His emotional responses are more low-key. Within a few minutes he was all over daddy showing him things, telling him things, and playing with him. Nyla meanwhile had moved on.

Bohdin was so excited to have daddy back and hardly wanted anything to do with me over the weekend. If I repsonded to something he was saying I would hear "I'm talking to daddy". He wanted to hear daddy stories and play with him. We went to a playground in Columbia just to get out of the house. We have a coupon for a free donut from Krispy Kreme and that is our nearest one.

Bohdin catching some air.
 

Nyla dangling on the swing. This was the position she wanted. I think she looks funny.
 

On the way back to the car, Nyla and I chose a different route from the boys. Once at the car they decided to run up the hill before getting in. I tried to put Nyla in her carseat but once she saw that the boys had run off she wanted to go also.
 

Nyla and Bohdin like to run around the house and jump on the bed together. This weekend Nyla refused to play with Bohdin and I'm not sure why. He even told her he wouldn't play rough with her. Sunday morning she was sitting in my lap when Bohdin asked if she wanted to jump on the bed with him. In response, she hit him. I told her that we don't hit. Bohdin asked again. This time I was holding her arms so she headbutted him. I don't know why she was so opposed to the idea of playing with him.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Nyla left daddy in the starting blocks!