Thursday, January 29, 2009
Serious
Buddy told me last night that it looked like Nyla had a cavity or something. I forgot about it until we were in the car and Bohdin said something was wrong with Nyla's tooth. He thought it was broken. I glanced quickly while I was at a red light. There did appear to be something seriously wrong with it. I knew it happened recently so I asked Bohdin if he remembered her falling or getting hit in the head yesterday. After a bit of prodding he did recall her getting hit in the head with a hammer when she took hs screwdriver. Bohdin had taken out the real tools to play with including a small hammer. I was shocked and horrified. Nyla could have been seriously hurt. I wanted to pull over and hold her tight but I couldn't. I held her hand and started crying. I had failed to protect her. I talked to Bohdin about about not hitting and the seriousness of the situation which he still does not understand. After I had been crying for 10 minutes he asked if there was anything he could do to make me feel better. I told him to never ever under any circumstances hurt or hit Nyla again. He asked the same question a few minutes later and I repeated the same thing. He then asked if there was anything else. I hope this lesson has finally sunk in. He did cry briefly because he was sad about what he had done. He still wasn't sad enough for my liking but as long as he remembers to never ever hit Nyla again then it will be okay. He said he didn't know even though he has heard it a million times. I don't know how hard that hammer hit was. She did cry briefly yesterday after being in the bedroom with Bohdin. I inspected her tooth when we arrived at our destination and it is crayon. Nyla loves to eat crayons and a bit of dark blue crayon is stuck on her tooth.

1 comment:
scary...look for a bruise
Post a Comment