Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slipping

Bohdin was sweeping up the flour mess Nyla made yesterday in the kitchen. I told him that one year olds are messy and that he liked to do the same thing when he was one. Bohdin replied "When I was a baby you didn't have a helper. Now when I'm big and Nyla is a baby you have a sweeping helper." He is my sweet helper. Nyla is getting better at cleaning also. She used a sponge to clean part of the floor yesterday. Her usual chores are throwing trash away and putting away toys.

Buddy thinks Nyla will start talking when she has an aha moment much like using the potty. She does have a few additional words now. This morning when I was unloading the dishwasher, Nyla was trying to drive a truck through the kitchen but couldn't get around the open dishwasher. She said "beep beep". She also says whoa and whee. She says whoa when we go over speed bumps in the car.

We actually did receive the freezing rain that was forecasted. It's been predicted often but never actually appeared. It was incredibly slippery when we walked outside today. The kids were falling all over the place. Nyla especially had a difficult time. Bohdin after a few minutes did pretty well. Nyla really liked the slipping part. Bohdin's favorite part was watching the truck with a plow attachment clean the parking lot. By the time we came in about an hour later the ice was beginning to melt. I broke up as much ice as I could from the front sidewalk using my foot. It will be nice and clear for Buddy to come home tonight.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very cold to me! We finally got the "ice pellets" last night that had been forecast for the past couple days