When I was dressing Bohdin yesterday morning we were playing a little game. I was wondering who would fit into the pants I was holding. I made several guesses but they were all wrong. Bohdin then said "It's somebody who was 3 and is now 4". I guessed one of his friends so he responded with "It's somebody who says lots of jokes and is funny". I asked him to tell me a joke.
Q: Why does a walking chair eat?
A: Because he's hungry!
Todd came over yesterday and Bohdin started telling jokes at dinnertime with a very similar punchline. We were all laughing anyway even Nyla although her laugh was a forced polite laugh because she saw we were all laughing.
I told Todd I wouldn't put this in the blog but I am anyway. We were all sitting in the garage and Bohdin was thinking of a way to climb into the back of the pickup truck. The end was down. He wanted me to hold one of the rope and Todd the other so he could use the rope to climb up. It didn't work. He tried several more variations. I thought his design flaw was the lack of upper body strength but hours later I realized I was wrong. The previous day he had watched the Magic School Bus. They used a rope to get over a vast expanse by hooking their legs over the rope and shimmying across. That's what Bohdin was trying to do. What his real design flaw was that the rope wasn't high enough to clear the open back. He kept hitting the truck because the rope was too low. If I had realized earlier what he had been trying he may have been able to accomplish it.
We need to head to the airport in less than an hour. We need to fly through either Chicago or Denver. I was hoping we could stop in Denver for a little while but it just doesn't work out. I could stay with the kids for a few days and try to catch a flight after the weekend rush but when we were looking at that option I told Buddy that Bohdin was homesick and just wants to go home. Yesterday morning I decided to ask his opinion anyway even though I was pretty confident he would not want to delay going home. When I gave him the option of going home or staying in Denver for a few days he said "I told you I was homesick". His tone of voice implied that I had asked the stupidest question of all time. Last night when I gave him our intinerary through Chicago he said he wanted to stay in a hotel in Chicago instead of taking a late flight. He said he wasn't homesick anymore.
1 comment:
Oh, those fickle 4-year olds . . .
I personally liked Bohdin's knock-knock jokes, followed by his refrain of "that's how we play this game!"
Now that I know where the rope idea came from, things make much more sense
Post a Comment