Bohdin was crying last night before bed because he was "so sad". He said he was feeling homesick again. He misses his recycling truck and wants to play with it. Today he is with his cousins again so at least right now he feels happy. Buddy and I on the other hand don't want to go back to Maryland. I'm not looking forward to the gray dreary skies and cold temperatures again. I'm enjoying the drier climate and expanse of outdoor space. We've cleared out some of the small trees and vines near the perimeter of the yard. It's just been a small drop in the bucket. There is work for 10 years out here.
There have been several requests for pictures but I am unable to oblige. Our camera did not survive the trip out here. The autofocus is not working. The Christmas shots I posted were kind of blurry and I haven't even tried to take pictures since. I'm hoping the fix won't be too expensive. There will be no more pictures probably until after we get back home and get it figured out.
Bohdin comes up with different reasons to not eat something. He says "It is too __ ". The reason runs the gamut from pokey to red. The other day he had an apple on his plate and wouldn't eat it because it was "too soaky". The apple had touched some liquid on the plate. I've heard too many excuses to pay much attention but Buddy's dad thought it was a little funny.
Nyla has increased her spinning. There is a large kitchen here and she spins and spins around. Sometimes she dances across the room. There was a comment about how she likes to be upside down so I must not have mentioned that before. Nyla loves being upside down. She can hang by her feet for minutes and then ask for more. In fact she often likes to sleep with her head downward tilted by resting her neck on my arm.
Nyla is not in the mood to let me sit here for any longer. It's time to play chase.
1 comment:
PS.
Bohdin had a great time watching the chipper/shredder work today. He was also got to see a real forklift in action.
One of his favorite movies (for now) is Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
Post a Comment