Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aspirations

Bohdin has a book titled Busy Workers that mentions several different professions - electricians, musicians, doctor, etc. The last line of the book says "Which busy worker would you like to be?". This is a question that Bohdin had a hard time answering. The illustrations in the book show animals as these professionals so at first his answer was he wanted to be a beaver. Weeks later he changed his mind and said doctor. Later he said he didn't know. Now he has a new idea. He wants to be a pine cone delivery man. He will take broken pine cones and load them on his airplane. He will fly then to a repair warehouse where they will be fixed. Robotic arms will place them one by one on a truck for delivery. At this point the details get pretty fuzzy.

I was with Nyla in the bathtub the other day and she picked up the razor and tried to shave her face. She also emptied the potty filled with pee into the toilet and proceed to wipe the bottom with a sliver of toilet paper.

Yesterday I found her in the bathroom unrolling toilet paper directly into the toilet. She was mad that I took her away and then closed the bathroom door.

When we came home from the playground the other day I started dinner as soon as possible. Nyla was hungry for some of the chicken I was cooking. She was gesturing and I knew she wanted some chicken but it wasn't ready yet. Nyla went to the drawer and took out a little bowl and handed it to me once again gesturing for some chicken. I told her it wasn't ready. She was so frustrated because she didn't think I understood what she wanted. I understood she wanted raw chicken but she wasn't getting any.

Bohdin : What can you watch and smell at the same time? - Smell-a-vision
What can you taste and watch at the same time? - Taste-a-vision
What can you smell and wear at the same time? - Clothes-a-vision

No comments: