Friday, December 5, 2008

Silence

I have been so tired lately. It turns out that I had a giant blood clot in my nose that obviously affected my breathing. I was up for hours during the night not able to breath. That has since cleared up. The other morning the kids were up but I was so so tired. Bohdin was watching tv, Nyla was playing quietly in the other room and I was laying in bed wishing I could just sleep longer. The quiet play that Nyla was engaged in involved a black marker.


Bohdin likes to have me make things talk. It used to be stuffed animals but it has now moved on to his Playmobil people. The moment I wake up I begin hearing requests to play. Look how awful I look in this picture. I'm exhausted and just trying to enjoy my breakfast in peace. Bohdin has already set up the people so they can have class. This morning he did it again and I told him I wanted to eat my cereal in silence. After I was done eating he said "I played over there with the crayons so I wouldn't disturb you".


The weather wasn't too bad yesterday so we headed to the playground. It has been about a month since my last visit. After we had been there a while a group of boys showed up together. They were about 5-6 years old. I suggested that Bohdin join them. I walked over with him. The boys were climbing all over the play structure and one boy exclaimed "Let's play fire pole". Bohdin looked sad and said he wanted to go home. I picked him up and talked to him. He was sad because he didn't know how to play fire pole and was too scared to ask. Lots of people have a hard time joining an established group doing an unknown activity. We ended up walking around the pond and stopping at the other playground.




Bohdin enjoys pointing out tree stumps. Several trees have been cut recently. I showed him some wounded bark on a tree and told him that tree might be next. We also saw a tree that was suffering and had lost some of it's branches. One was on the ground with mushrooms growing on it. I explained to Bohdin the mushrooms were aiding decomposition and eventually the tree would become soil.
Bohdin : Then when it's all soil it will turn into a new tree
me : Not quite. It will turn into new soil and then a seed can grow in the soil into a new tree,
Bodhin : Oh. I was wrong.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

P said...

Nyla looks like she is going to audition for a kiss cover band

Anonymous said...

yeah, I thought she did a good job not getting her shirt