Friday, December 12, 2008

Teething

I went to court yesterday and my ticket was dismissed. I knew it was a stupid ticket to begin with. The clerk and prosecutor agreed. That's a savings of $85.

Bohdin was telling me his heart was beating faster from exercise. It's something we've talked about before after seeing it on tv. He showed me how slow his heart was beating and then made it beat faster. He said it's hard to think when your heart is beating slow. To show me he sat down and said "See. It's hard to think.". Then he stood up and moved around to demonstrate how much easier it was to think. Bohdin does tend to move around quite a bit when he's talking. It's even more pronounced when he's really thinking hard about what he's trying to say. I never knew that he did it to help him get his thoughts out.

I was trying to brainstorm Christmas ideas with Bohdin yesterday for Buddy. Bohdin suggested a bed for daddy's office so he could sleep there. When I pointed out that daddy's office was too small he suggested a potty so daddy could pee at work. Bohdin also suggested a toy catalog. He and Nyla have been poring over the Playmobil and some random toy catalog that I found. None of my suggestions for Buddy met with approval even though they were more thoughtful and practical than Bohdin's suggestions.

I bought Nyla and Bohdin new toothbrushes at Walmart. Nyla opened hers last night, brushed her teeth and then put the toothbrush in the toilet. It's possible it was an accident. When Bohdin spits during brushing he does it into the toilet. Nyla, of course, copies him. She prefers Bohdin's toothbrushes anyway so I'm not sure I'll even replace it.

When I came home yesterday Bohdin was in his bedroom singing little bunny foo foo and reenacting it with a stuffed bunny and his playmobil people.

Nyla has been sleeping poorly recently due to teething. Her top two teeth poked through yesterday, well probably the night before actually when she couldn't sleep. Those are teeth #13 and #14. I expect the bottom two to come through any day. At least she slept well last night.

No comments: