Monday, December 1, 2008

Changes

There are two events that made me realize how much Nyla has changed in the past four months. Last week I received a call from Tyken's mom. She has a baby that just turned one and is going through the same fussy/crying stage that Nyla went through at that age. That feels like a lifetime ago now. I'm also putting together a book with photos and blog posts. I've read some of the old posts (sorry they were so boring).

Four months ago Nyla went through a really rough stage when she communicated everything by crying. If I was holding her and she wanted down, she would start crying and squirming. It wasn't enough to just squirm. She cried about every 3 minutes about something. I always thought of her as my drama queen because frankly she sort of was a drama queen. How things have changed. She doesn't cry nearly as much as she used to. Buddy thinks she still cries a lot but it's a drop in the bucket compared to earlier. I think Nyla has learned to communicate better with us. All babies copy others but Nyla seems to do it better than most. She is always studying us, noting our actions and reactions. She still can't talk much but she is much better at communicating what she wants using a series of gestures and expressions.

Nyla has been using more signs lately. She signs hot and more quite frequently now. It may be the time to teach her more. She still only says two words. Buddy is getting tired of being called mama so perhaps daddy will be the first new sign we try to teach her.

No comments: