Bohdin mentioned it was cold the other day and I told him it was winter. He said it wasn't winter because there was no snow. We did get a dusting of snow on Saturday. Sunday was cold and super windy. It was not possible to go outside. When we went out this morning he was disappointed in the lack of snow. He said "I LOVE snow. There are so many things you can do in it. Splash, throw it. make snowballs." I wish I could make it snow for him.
A book we were reading a few days ago mentioned snow also. Bohdin said he wanted to live somewhere snowy and sunny. He's stuck with cloudy and no snow for at least one more winter.
We have been here one year now. The leaves are long gone and it is cold and overcast. There is a common familiarity to it now. When I drive down the road I can remember our first time seeing the area.
We finally turned the heat on this morning. It had been pretty chilly yesterday and the lows last night were supposed to be around 20. Our thermostat is pretty useless. It was at least in the low 60s in the house maybe even the 50s. It was a good sleeping temperature but eventually we have to get out from under the covers.
Bohdin woke up Saturday morning and decided to take Buddy breakfast in bed. I had forgotten to run the dish washer the previous night so the dishes were dirty. That meant I had to get out of bed to get a bowl so Bohdin could pour the cereal.
On Thanksgiving I took a nap with Nyla. Bohdin was tired and wanted to take a nap also. Buddy told him to go in the bedroom and lie down with me. Bohdin refused. He said he didn't want to wake me up. Nothing Buddy said would convince Bohdin to come in the room. He took a nap in the other bedroom. When I found out about this I was touched by his consideration. I also had to laugh because he had already woken me up once during the nap. On a regular basis he also manages to wake Nyla up as well.
Bohdin has been making an effort to not ask for things repeatedly. It's something I find very annoying especially when I am already in the process of getting the item or I am unable to at the time. One night he asked for a popsicle while I was taking a bath. I told him I would get one once I was done taking a bath. He asked and asked and asked again. He has thankfully become better about this. When he does a good job he points it out by saying "Wasn't it good that I only asked one time?". Yes. It certainly is.
1 comment:
tell Bohdin it was sunny this morning and has now gotten cloudy and is supposed to start snowing later in the afternoon.
Post a Comment