I never got around to writing last Thursday's post which was going to be about Nyla and how incredibly far she was from ever learning to use the potty. During the day, she didn't care if her diaper was wet. If she was diaperless and peed on the floor she would be surprised at the sudden arrival of water. Where did it come from?
Yesterday she was wearing pants but no diaper. She hates wearing diapers. She doesn't care much for pants either but sometimes will leave them on. Buddy and I were watching a movie and she walks into the bedroom on the way to the bathroom. Her pants are around her ankles. She sits on the potty, pees, and walks out with her pants pulled up. I was astounded. There was a complete transformation in just a few days. Today she used the potty successfully by herself the first three times this morning. The fourth time she had trouble taking her pants off. I'm just blown away.
To continue the potty talk, the other day Bohdin announced he had to poop. Immediately after his announcement he says "Help me find something that makes noise.". We finally settled on a play metal pan and spoon. He ran from the room to the potty. Bohdin has developed an aversion to quiet rooms. This morning when we were putting clothes away I had to sing while he was in the room so it wouldn't be so quiet.
2 comments:
this might be the weirdest post I have ever read.
oh the joys of childhood!
Post a Comment