Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom was the park I was most looking forward to and it didn't disappoint. We arrived a little later than intended because the kids had a late night the night before. Thirty more minutes of sleep was more important. Buddy went off to the roller coaster while I took the kids to the Lion King show. Prior to the show we stopped at the bathroom where Nyla threw up. She knew it was coming and bent over the toilet like a pro. I thought we might have to cut our day short. We went into the Lion King and Nyla nursed pretty much the whole time. I really wanted to do the safari so we headed to do that with Buddy after the show. Again Nyla was grumpy and nursed through much of it. Although she stayed grumpy we decided to stay. She could be grumpy in the car or the stroller and we chose stroller or rather in our arms since she mostly refused to sit. We did a bird show which Nyla again mostly nursed through. Luckily that was the last show of the day because I was completely done sitting with Nyla. Next we did one of the forest trails which housed the gorillas, birds, and hippopotamus. Along the trail there was a kids discovery station with an activity. Once the activity is completed you get a stamp. There are six total in the park. Bohidn was able to complete five of the six before we just ran out of time. Bohdin was telling me today that he needs to go back to Disney World and get his last stamp.

Nyla stayed grouchy throughout the visit until Buddy and Bohdin split up from us. They were going to do the river rapid ride while I took Nyla to the car and got everything situated. Since we brought our own stroller it took time to pack it up. We had to break it down, take everything out of the trunk so it could go on the bottom and then reload the trunk. That would give the boys plenty of time to do the ride. As we walked toward the exit Nyla said she wanted to see Mickey Mouse. It wasn't too far out of the way so we found him. I told Nyla to say goodbye since this was her last time. She still talks about wanting to see Mickey Mouse. It's odd though since she doesn't seem that excited once she does see him.

We met back up with the boys and started home. We wanted to get a few hours under our belt to shorten the drive on Sunday. We made it to somewhere in Georgia which became Bohdin's 20th state.






We met back up with the boys and started home. We wanted to get a few hours under our belt to shorten the drive on Sunday. We made it to somewhere in Georgia which became Bohdin's 20th state. Nyla woke up early and I took her to the lobby to grab some breakfast. I brought back a chocolate muffin for Bohdin which I split with him. He ate at the desk and I sat in the bed. I dropped a piece though and managed to smear it into the sheets. When I stood up I saw a very embarrassing looking stain on the sheets. We were tempted to leave a note for the maids explaining that it was chocolate and not poop. Nyla was very grumpy during the car ride. She yelled at all of us, complained her belly hurt, and threw up once as we passed into Kentucky. When she arrived home she made a miraculous recovery. Her belly felt fine and she was in a much better mood. Today she has a bit of a cold. She still complains that her belly hurts when we are in the car and she hasn't been eating much but no more vomiting.

When I spoke with Paul on the phone about our trip I told him that I liked Disney World better than I thought I would. I don't care for amusement parks at all but I did like Disney World. My expectations were quite low going in so they weren't hard to exceed but I would go back again someday and I'm glad that we had this opportunity to go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: