When Buddy was done for the day we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. Buddy had five fastpasses to use. He was looking forward to doing Space Mountain but it was shut down due to technical difficulties. He ended up skipping Splash Mountain and just doing Big Thunder which he didn't care for. Nyla wanted to ride a roller coaster also so we did the little kiddie one. Bohdin had to ride because I couldn't leave him alone. We couldn't sit three across so Bohdin and Nyla sat together in the first car while I was behind in the second car. I'm not certain this was the best arrangement. The ride is only 90 seconds long but I think it was a long 90 seconds for Nyla. I heard her crying at the end. When we got off she said she didn't like it and it was too scary. Bohdin said the roller coaster was pretty good. I'm proud of her for trying. None of us would have done it if she hadn't asked. The country houses of Mickey and Minnie were really boring so we breezed through those. Nyla wanted to meet Mickey and since there were only two people in line ahead of us we did. Nyla had picked up a piece of Mickey shaped confetti that she wanted to show Mickey. She received a thumbs up for that and gave both Mickey and Minnie a hug. She looks very unexcited in the picture but she actually really enjoyed meeting them. Bohdin stood to the side and refused to interact with them at all although they tried.
We met Buddy at the tea cups and rode that, Dumbo, and the carousel once more before getting ready for the fireworks. Nyla was on Buddy's back during the fireworks. She didn't like the loud noise so I covered her ears. She insists that she didn't like them but she was craning her neck to see better. If she had wanted she could have buried her head in Buddy's back but she did exactly the opposite. Asking this morning Bohdin says his favorite part of yesterday was the fireworks. Nyla says her favorite was the roller coaster. Upon further questioning she is saying Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe she doesn't have a clear idea of what favorite means. Today she says she liked the roller coaster but she felt the opposite last night.
We're not doing a park today. Tomorrow we do Animal Kingdom followed by Epcot on Saturday. Bohdin wants to go to the science museum. Nyla wants to go swimming. The pool is outdoors and it's 40 degrees outside. Nevertheless she has her bathing suit on and is chasing Bohdin around the hotel room trying to get his jammies off. Bohdin gave her three pieces of popcorn in exchange for a promise to not chase him which seems to be working. I hope I'm not the next target. It looks like we're saved. She finally saw reason and took off her bathing suit.

1 comment:
wow 40 degrees, you should have come to Colorado, it was over 50 here yesterday.
Post a Comment