Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Painting

Buddy finished the garden just on time Saturday because that afternoon he started feeling sick. He had to catch a flight to Georgia early the next morning which was unfortunate. We dropped Buddy off at the airport about 5:15 am. Nyla was sad she couldn't get on the airplane. She had been asking for days to go on one. The following day she said she had a fever and needed to fly to Georgia. The kids were able to talk to Buddy on the phone last night. Nyla just yelled gibberish which Bohdin thought was hilarious.




We haven't made any progress on the house recently so I decided to paint the guest bedroom while Buddy is gone. Bohdin and Nyla were very excited to help. I managed to distract Nyla with a video but Bohdin was determined to paint. He didn't make a mess except for touching the wet wall on occasion so his help exceeded my expectations. Eventually he joined Nyla and I was able to work in peace for a little while. I still have two more wall to do and touchups but we should be done by Thursday evening when Buddy returns. I hope to have the curtains finished by then also.



The other day Bohdin pulled out a new library book. I asked him if he could read any of the words in the title. He pointed out the words how and well. he then added that he actually knew all of the other words also : do dinosaurs well soon. I'm surprised that he will finally admit that he can read some words. Usually he thinks he can't do something unless he can do it well. There is no telling how many words he can read but he is certainly on his way to reading with no help from me. I had purchased a reading/spelling curriculum for him last year but it is too auditory for him. He still struggles with breaking down words into their component sounds after the first letter. At this time I'll let him continue whatever he is doing instead of using a formal reading program.

In the bathtub last night Nyla asked if I had a baby in my belly. We started talking about that and the size of my belly came up. Nyla thought it was big but Bohdin loudly disagreed by saying that daddy's belly was the biggest. That's not even close to true right now but I wasn't going to argue with him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: