We went to story time for the first time in weeks. Last week I had a doctor appointment and the week before we were in Florida. Bohdin really enjoys going to story time so it was good to take him back again. This morning in bed he said his waist hurt but he often says that when he needs to potty so I didn't think much of it. He took a bath and we just grabbed a granola bar and some juice on the way out the door. He still said his waist hurt but he needed to poop as soon as we entered the library so I thought that was the last of it. Nyla once again cried at the end. Last time it was because I wouldn't let her use the scissors I think but this time it was because I wouldn't let her draw on Bohdin' s project once she was done with hers.
We went to the grocery store afterward. We were out of so much stuff since I hadn't gone in a week. On the way in the door Bohdin said he didn't feel well. I made him walk right out that door. He threw up on the sidewalk. I put him in the basket and he said he felt fine. I gave him a plastic bag just in case. I would have just taken him home if we hadn't been out of so many things. We went through the store quickly and Bohdin claimed he was fine. He was even hungry. As he was packing the groceries into the bag he needed to throw up again. We caught almost all of it. He came home and started running around the house playing. Now he just walked upstairs again and threw up. Poor kid. He seems to have caught what I had. Bohdin is the toughest person I know or can even imagine when sick.
I was asked today whether we still intended to homeschool Bohdin and I think for kindergarten at least we will. Bohdin still needs a bit more time to blossom. He talks to people now and generally does better in a room full of kids as long as they are not too loud. The biggest concern right now is that he is so gentle. A few weeks ago Nyla sat on his chest and slapped him repeatedly. Bohdin would not hit back because it is not okay to hit. If Nyla takes something he wants he'll find a way for both of them to be happy which is usually by finding something to trade with her. He's not ready to deal with mean kids. The other thing is he doesn't like to participate in most singing and dancing. Some teachers may not be okay with that. There is less of that in the upper grades. He already knows everything he needs to know by the end of kindergarten so I'm not worried about him academically. We'll join a homeschool group soon and see if we can find him some friends.
When we were driving back from Florida we played 20 questions with Bohdin. He really enjoyed the game but we tired it long before he did. A few days later I played again with Bohdin. Even with numerous hints I was not able to guess his word. The word I was supposed to guess was "mind". We haven't played since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment