Monday, March 15, 2010

Sad Saturday

Around noon Buddy dubbed Saturday as Sad Saturday. I was feeling very sick and Nyla started crying after I threw up. Bohdin was just sad most of the day for unknown reasons and cried a lot. I spent the day in bed and Buddy tried to take care of the kids which he said was like chasing his tail. Bohdin was still feeling off emotionally on Sunday but I was feeling better so we just got out of the house. It helped but on the way home he fell asleep in the car and we could not wake him up for over two hours. He was asleep on the couch and we had Nyla play the drum and yell. It's hard to believe anybody could sleep through that but he did. I can't believe how tired he was.

While we were out we stopped at Barnes and Noble. I looked at some kitchen magazines still trying to get some breakthrough idea to make our small quirky kitchen into something fabulous. Buddy and I briefly toyed with the idea of moving the kitchen into the second living room but we didn't want to move plumbing. We revisited the idea when we came home and it worked beautifully. Now that we have more of the house uncovered moving the plumbing is actually the easiest solution. Trying to enlarge the existing kitchen would involve load bearing walls and extensive plumbing rerouting. The new plan would lead to a bigger kitchen without moving any walls. The current kitchen would become the dining room and the current dining room will become the office or something. This is the first plan we have been really excited about.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous again and unfortunately it continues. I was in the basement watching the kids play but now I'm upstairs laying in bed. Bohdin told me not to worry. He would take care of Nyla. He went upstairs to get her juice and the midmorning snack. I guess with the time change it is lunch time now though. Nyla was really sweet on Saturday when I wasn't feeling well. She also told me not to worry and would stroke my hair. When she woke up Sunday morning she asked me almost immediately "Are you feeling better? Are you feeling well?". It was only because she wanted to nurse but it sounded nice.

No comments: