Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nyla Speaks



We've been to Lowes so much recently I noticed the sign for the kids workshops. Last Saturday was kaleidoscope day. Bohdin expressed interest but Saturday morning he was watching a new episode of something. I told him he could choose to stay home and finish it or go build a kaleidoscope. He didn't like that he had to make the choice but he did and we went to Lowes. They have the projects every two weeks and we'll try to attend as many as possible. Bohdin really enjoyed it.

We came home and started our pepper and tomato seeds. As soon as we were done with that it was time for Bohdin to go to the library for a special dragon craft and storytime. Nyla was sad that she couldn't go but she had to sleep. Bohdin was nice enough to bring a cookie home for her.

Nyla's current favorite book is "Martha Blah Blah". It's about a dog who can speak because of the alphabet soup she eats. The owner of the company decides to cut costs and take out half the letters. The words spoken are now gibberish which Bohdin and Nyla find hilarious. The dog eats the last can of real alphabet soup. She sings the alphabet and ends with something along the lines of "Now I have all 26, time to go and fix the soup". Last night in bed Nyla sang the alphabet song and did the ending. It was her first time singing the alphabet song and she did a pretty good job. It was odd that it was Buddy who recognized she was singing the book. I've read that book 10 times more than he has. I can't wait to take it back to the library.

Nyla's vocabulary has vastly improved recently. It seems so sudden. She is now talking in much more complete sentences and just saying more in general. We have a burned out light bulb on the basement stairs. I told her I would take care of it soon. She said she would be surprised when she saw that. She couldn't say that a few months ago. By the way the light bulb still needs to be replaced so not only was the sentence good it was also accurate.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: