Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back home

We didn't really have internet access out there so this is my first chance of updating. Our flight out and back was as expected really. It's not easy to fly with two kids especially a one year old. Bohdin is old enough to occupy himself now but Nyla just wants to get up and walk regardless of the fact that we are about to land.

It was a nice time out there. We were able to see the new house. Buddy wanted to go help unpack so I hope he helped a bit. He also wanted to paint but that never panned out. It's a long way to the stores from the house. Bohdin caught the same cold that Nyla had. He started feeling sick the night we arrived. The next morning he had a runny nose. Normally when he's sick I let him relax all day. That usually involves a lot of tv time. This day when he was sick he didn't take it easy at all. He was running around the house, the outdoors, and his cousins came to visit. By the end of the day he looked quite sick. He ran a fever that night.

This is going to be short and disorganized because I don't have a lot of time. Bohdin is stomping around the house mad and Nyla is copying him. Let's see. While there I noticed that Nyla had two new teeth. She skipped at least one spot and top and is getting a bigger tooth in the back. They're not completely out but are pretty far along. I'm not sure how I missed that last month. That makes tooth #9 and #10. She is continuing the tradition of getting teeth in pairs.

Bodhin was banished to the tv on Monday to recuperate. This gave Buddy and I some time to start some yard work. The house sits on several acres with some wooded area. Buddy and I started clearing some of the undergrowth and clearing a walking trail. Eventually all but the tallest oaks will probably be removed. We're still working on the landscaping plan. It was so nice to get out and do yard work. For a while, Nyla was on Buddy's back while he was sawing branches. She looked like she was getting shook up back there but the next thing we knew she had fallen asleep. That put an end to Buddy's sawing. I'm a terrible sawer so I just used pruners. There were plenty of small vines and trees to cut anyway.


Bohdin and Nyla spinning in the chair while the cousins push. Bohdin and Nyla had fun in that chair prior to their arrival. The chair is located in a very large room. When not spinning in the chair they just ran around the room. It was nice to be able to let them run inside.
 

Off to explore the land. While Buddy and Bohdin were gone, Nyla kept herself occupied with a wrench and a thing (It was two wheels and a seat). She had helped Buddy assemble it and then continued to work on it for quite some time.
 

Bohdin and his cousins playing a board game. It involves building a space ship. Bohdin didn't really know what he was doing but he was having fun.
 

In the huge whirlpool bathtub. The soap had accidently fallen into the water. It took some time to realize why these bubbles were forming. We had to turn the jets off because there were too many bubbles.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: