Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still sick

This has been such a long cold. I wonder how much of that can be attributed to the lack of rest. This is my first time being sick while having to take care of two small children that hardly nap. Bohdin rarely takes naps anymore and Nyla is just an hour per day usually. I just want to lay in bed all day and sleep. Unfortunately I can't. This morning we went to Pizza Hut with the local mom's group (they also do the playgroup). I couldn't really cancel because we were part of the group count. I also didn't feel bad going sick since these were the same people that were responsible for our sickness. They've already had it or were exposed last week. The girl sitting across from Bohdin had giant yellow streams of snot coming out of her nose. Bohdin's nose is no longer runny and Nyla has a bit of clear snot.

The tour was okay. The manager was really nice but his voice wasn't loud enough. Or maybe that was just me. I felt like my ears were stuffed with cotton balls. He showed the kids the walk in refrigerator, walk in proofer and computer system. Then they were allowed to make their own small pizzas. I thought Bohdin would put together a nice pizza since we do it at home but he didn't put enough cheese. It was mostly crust. I had to put more cheese on for him at the employees request. Nyla made one also. She would take a bite of pepperoni and then pound it into the dough. Then she would take another pepperoni and repeat. She put some cheese on her pizza but I had to help also.

I was not in the socializing mood. I couldn't hear well and my eyes were hardly open. I just followed Nyla around. Bohdin had a great time sitting near N-. I don't know what they were laughing about. Later the manager came out and demonstrated throwing the pizza dough. He did an amazing job and that was my favorite part. I could see Bodhin's face and he was mesmerized. I forgot to mention it in the car so I don't know what he thought about it. I do know that one of his favorite things was the number they gave him so he knew which pizza was his. He made sure to bring it home.

When everybody was getting ready to go Bohdin and N- got out of their seats. Bohdin wanted to hop while N- wanted to run. For whatever reason Bohdin didn't want to run. I'm glad since it was not the best place for running. N- was getting a little mad but Bohdin held his ground. Bohdin suggested something else and they did that for a while but soon started running anyway.

I forgot to mention an incident at playgroup last week. At one point Bohdin and N- were fighting over the same ball. N- was holding it tight and Bodhin was trying to pry it out of his arms. The ball didn't belong to either of them. After a few seconds, N-'s mom took the ball away for a time out. Without missing a beat Bohdin asks N- if he wants to play chase. The mom next to me thought it was funny. He wasn't sad for even a second. They happily moved on to running around.

Since we were out I stopped to get some tissue. I now have the nice lotion ones which will hopefully make my red nose happier. My cheap toilet paper was not made for sensitive noses.

No comments: