Sunday, November 16, 2008

Color Slide

Friday morning, N-'s mom called me to say she was going to playgroup. There is a playgroup biweekly in the community center just down the street from us. We had gone twice in the past. Both times resulted in sickness. In addition, Bohdin hated the crowded loud room and spent a majority of the time on my lap asking to leave. I decided to give it another try. When we arrived, Bohdin started playing with N- right away. Nyla went off and played. I met some great new moms who just moved to the area. It was a pleasant surprise. I'll go back again.

Yesterday we went to the mall to use a coupon I had. I thought I could stock up on more socks now that they were on sale and I had a 30% coupon. It has been raining for days and the rain finally let up in the afternoon. On the way there we saw a rainbow. There are not many rainbows around here since it remains overcast after raining. In fact it's overcast this morning. We pointed out the rainbow and Bohdin said "It looks like a color slide." I love that description.

When we arrived at the busy parking lot Bohidn said he needed to poop. I dropped him and Buddy off and we were supposed to meet inside. We couldn't. There were zero parking spots. There were cars going around waiting for somebody to exit but there were more cars waiting than people leaving. No sign of recession around here unless people just had fewer shopping bags than usual. There has also been 5 armed robberies there in the past month. That didn't deter anybody either. I could not find a parking spot anywhere. I circled the mall and finally just gave up. Those cheap socks just aren't worth it anymore.

No comments: