Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Brain

On the way back from Costco yesterday Bohdin wanted me to make the stuffed bears in the car "talk" again. It's something he has been asking for a lot recently so he has somebody to talk to. In a way, that sounds kind of sad and lonely but really me masking as a bear is probably a better listener than a little kid anyway. Our conversation steered toward the fact that Bohdin is real and that the bears were not. Bohdin mentioned a stomach, heart, and white blood cells. He then mentioned the brain. I took this opportunity to give him a broad overview of what the brain does. He did not believe me at all. I told him that the brain tells all of the other body parts what to do. He commented that brains couldn't talk. When I told him they use a special system he then said that the body parts already know what to do. He mentioned that his teeth already know how to chew. Nothing I said would even allow him to consider that I could be right. Some other time I suppose.

There was a picture of Nyla at 12 months that Bohdin found the other day. I don't know why but we were playing around with him by telling him that the picture was of him and not Nyla. Bohdin said "Was I in Nyla's belly?".

Bohdin ended up watching an infomercial after his video ended last weekend. He came running in to tell me that there was something that "can make curly hair straight without crushing it". He was so excitied about the product.

No comments: