I was laying awake last night in the middle of the night unable to breath due to my terrible congestion. I hate being congested. I have a very low tolerance for not being able to breathe through my nose and that makes me sadder faster than anything else I can think of offhand. While waiting for my nose to clear I realized that being awake in the middle of the night prior to Thanksgiving was nothing new for me. Last Thanksgiving Bohdin got sick that night and threw up about a dozen times. Right before he was born I awake because of my terrible pregnancy pain (it hurt to lay down and eventually the pain would be so bad I would have to get out of bed).
We've also spent Thanksgiving in a different location for many of the past years.
2008 - Odenton, Maryland
2007 - Broomfield, Colorado - Buddy's parents and Brody's family came up for a very brief visit. Bohdin was throwing up and I was tired.
2006 - Trinidad, Colorado - We drove back up to Broomfield later that day. I then went to Walmart to get a pregnancy test. This was the day I found out I was pregnant with Nyla
2005 - Lubbock, Texas - we spent a few days with Brody's family and Buddy's parents. We came back with a terrible virus that included an eye infection and throwing up. We went back down for Christmas anyway.
2004 - Belton, Texas - Buddy's parents came up. I was hugely pregnant and Bohdin was born a week later
2003 - I don't remember. Either Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri or my dad's house in Arkansas. I remember making several pies that year so maybe we stayed in Missouri.
2002 - Clarksville, Tennessee. I don't remember anything about this one. It must have been even duller than this one.
We seem so nomadic. Our lease is up the end of next October so we won't be here next Thanksgiving. I have no idea where we'll be.
Today we had a quiet low key Thanksgiving. We had a small turkey, cranberry sauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes. This is the first time in a long time I haven't made a dessert. I usually make a cranberry cheesecake at least. It was kind of nice to not cook so much especially since I'm still not feeling well. Buddy and I were reminiscing about our favorite Thanksgiving meals. Mine was a national guard event we went to while we were in college. That was the best turkey I've ever had. Buddy's favorite was a few years later when I was living in Dallas and he was in Missouri. I bought takeout Thanksgiving from a local deli/restaurant place and drove it up to Missouri.
Buddy went on sick call Tuesday morning. The military doesn't allow a person to just call in sick. They have to get up early and go to the doctor to prove they are sick. Buddy woke up early and went in. The doctor thought he had bronchitis which I had thought previously. The treatment is rest and fluids. The doctor did also give him antibiotics but I'm not sure why. It was clearly a result of a viral cold but whatever. He came home early on Tuesday and stayed home on Wednesday. He seems to be feeling quite a bit better today. If only I could get some rest. I'm so ready to feel better. I spent yesterday running errands in the cold windy weather. The day before I took Bohdin and Nyla outside to play. The wind picked up after we went outside. I really need to stay out of the cold wind until I'm better. It's just exacerbating the problem.
Nyla has been sitting on the potty quite a bit although she never actually does any business on there. Sometimes she wears clothes and sometimes not. When Bohdin sits on the potty he holds his penis down. Nyla copies him by putting her hand in the potty while she sits. It seems so hilarious to me. It took me a while to figure out why she was doing that but now that I've figured it out it makes me smile.
Nyla has become more cooperative about getting her diaper on. When I tell her I need to put a diaper on her she will come and lay down. There are times she has something better going on and prefers to run around a bit. As long as I don't chase her or pressure her she comes soon. When she is feeling uncooperative it's impossible to get a diaper or clothes on her so I'm glad she is mostly willing.
2 comments:
hope you feel better soon. I am up in at 3:45 right now because my nose is so stuffy.
Unfortunately, I saw your message as you posted it. It's 6:25 here now but I've been up since 4. I hate having a stuffy nose.
Post a Comment