Friday, November 7, 2008

Pink socks

Bohdin has been sucking all of the energy from me this week. He wants me to have a teddy bear of toy truck talk so he can tell the object all of the things he knows. It's exhausting. Having an all day conversation you're not interested in is not the funnest way to spend a day. Well it's not a conversation so much as just showing that I am indeed listening. He didn't do it yesterday but I think that was because I tried to stay away. I made apple bread and apple pancakes and cleaned the kitchen. When I was done we went outside to play in the leaves. It was a successful dodge.

In the afternoon we went to buy Bohdin some new socks. Many of his socks are still 2-3T and they are really small. Bohdin started picking out the colors he wanted and they were not the colors I had in mind. He picked bright orange and turquoise and pink. It was harder than it should have been to allow him to pick those sock colors. The turquoise was Nyla's size so that was okay but the pink he picked up was his size. I wanted to tell him that those were girl socks but I was able to resist. Since he often picks out his socks in the morning there will be a day that he will indeed wear those socks. This morning though he picked out the bright orange. It doesn't match his outfit but that's okay. We're off to the playground not a fashion show.

Nyla understands the word popsicle now. I make boat shaped popsicles from juice for the kids. She had one yesterday when we went outside and then another last night in the bathtub. She's having a lot of juice isn't she? This morning Bodhin came in the kitchen just as Nyla was about to start eating and asked for a popsicle. I told him no but Nyla heard and thought it was a wonderful idea. She got down from the table and spend several minutes crying in front of the refrigerator. Too bad she doesn't understand that popsicles are not for breakfast.

No comments: