Nyla slept really poorly Friday night and all of us woke up late on Saturday. It was nearly 9am. We didn't do much on Saturday. Buddy's parents finally had their power restored that day.
Nyla eating chocolate yogurt. She's not supposed to have chocolate until 2 I think but she's a rule breaker. She had already had it once before when she took my empty carton from the trash and licked it.
Bohdin making a scary face
On Sunday we went to DC. We didn't really have a definite plan. Parking is so so awful down there. We ended up finding a parking spot near the Capitol building. We meandered around, stopping in one of the wings of art museum and then the Natural History Museum. The Natural History Museum was packed. I took Bohdin so Buddy could explore in peace. Bohdin and I saw the soil exhibit, the dinosaurs and the nature pictures. His favorite part of the day was seeing the elevator.It was a glass elevator with exposed cables. Bohdin thought the moving cables was pretty cool. He also liked the "twisty wisty stairs" nearby. Actually he said his favorite part was the big machines but that was a different day. Buddy liked the meteorites. I was just tired because Nyla had slept poorly the night before again. My favorite part was going into the art museum to use the bathroom without the kids and then taking a few minutes to look around by myself.
Buddy checking the football scores on the way back to the car. We were all hungry. Bohdin was carrying a bag of popcorn and could not have walked slower. A very elderly couple passed us without effort.
Bohdin and I were both dragging on the hill up to the car. Buddy ended up carrying both kids for a while.
Last night Bohdin and I were playing a game called Mystery Garden. It is sort of 20 questions but you draw a tile that corresponds to the picture on the game board. Bohdin decided he liked it better if he just gave a description and then have me guess. Here are some of his descriptions:
"It swims in water and is swimming this way" (points)
"It's something you play with"
"It's something you wear on your head"
Then there was this one: "It's something that you kill, then you take off the fur, then start a fire and then cook it and then you eat it." The answer is a rabbit. Bohdin still asks for stories a lot so the other day I told him a story of a little boy in the woods who had to catch his dinner. I guess the story made an impression.

1 comment:
I think if I saw someone with a hand growing out of their head, it would be pretty scary
Post a Comment