Nyla is growing so fast and there is no denying that she is a toddler now. She can understand some of the things we say. She actually gave Bohdin his cup back in the car a few days ago. He's been asking her forever. I was holding Nyla while making some eggs the other day. I had a bag of shredded cheese in my hand and threw some in the pan. Nyla reached in and grabbed some cheese also and threw it in the pan. She can get her own diaper now. She loves going down the big slides at the playground. The other day she found an unopened bottle of bubbles. She took the cap off and was playing with it but it had a silver foil thing so nothing was coming out. She found a pen and poked a hole in the top to get the solution out. I saw her trying to poke it with the pen but didn't think she could do it. She likes to put books and videos in the library bag at the library. She likes to eat with forks and spoons instead of her hands. I don't know how she grew up so fast. It's remarkable how much is learned from a sibling.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Life at the speed of a 3 year old
Yesterday was a pretty idyllic day with Bohdin. I had plenty of time to run the two errands so we were able to take things slowly. On the way out to the car we stopped and looked at leaves. When we pulled into the parking lot we looked at the differences between concrete and asphalt. We looked for things made of wood or lumber I should say. Bohdin was still on his lumber kick yesterday. In the afternoon we met N- at the playground. We came home and made dinner and a cake together. I really liked that I didn't have to rush around to be anywhere. We're really lucky that we have this opportunity to take life slowly for a little while.
Nyla is growing so fast and there is no denying that she is a toddler now. She can understand some of the things we say. She actually gave Bohdin his cup back in the car a few days ago. He's been asking her forever. I was holding Nyla while making some eggs the other day. I had a bag of shredded cheese in my hand and threw some in the pan. Nyla reached in and grabbed some cheese also and threw it in the pan. She can get her own diaper now. She loves going down the big slides at the playground. The other day she found an unopened bottle of bubbles. She took the cap off and was playing with it but it had a silver foil thing so nothing was coming out. She found a pen and poked a hole in the top to get the solution out. I saw her trying to poke it with the pen but didn't think she could do it. She likes to put books and videos in the library bag at the library. She likes to eat with forks and spoons instead of her hands. I don't know how she grew up so fast. It's remarkable how much is learned from a sibling.
Nyla is growing so fast and there is no denying that she is a toddler now. She can understand some of the things we say. She actually gave Bohdin his cup back in the car a few days ago. He's been asking her forever. I was holding Nyla while making some eggs the other day. I had a bag of shredded cheese in my hand and threw some in the pan. Nyla reached in and grabbed some cheese also and threw it in the pan. She can get her own diaper now. She loves going down the big slides at the playground. The other day she found an unopened bottle of bubbles. She took the cap off and was playing with it but it had a silver foil thing so nothing was coming out. She found a pen and poked a hole in the top to get the solution out. I saw her trying to poke it with the pen but didn't think she could do it. She likes to put books and videos in the library bag at the library. She likes to eat with forks and spoons instead of her hands. I don't know how she grew up so fast. It's remarkable how much is learned from a sibling.

2 comments:
I'm impressed with Bohdin's feat today. What a big boy!
Nyla looks like her daddy
Post a Comment