Monday, September 15, 2008

Quiet birthday

Buddy's 34th birthday was yesterday. He's not one for much hoopla so not much happened. I had planned to take him the soil exhibit at the Natural History Museum. (Soil science was his favorite class in college so it's not as weird as it sounds for a birthday jaunt) When we were in the car he complained of not feeling well so we went to Costco instead to get milk. Bohdin wanted to go back to NASA. Then he was whining because he wanted to go to a museum. I had already told him we were going to a museum. He's never liked museums much before so I don't know where that came from.

It was a really quiet day. The kids napped. Buddy watched some football. After the NE game was over they showed the rest of the Broncos game. We were so excited they won. I told Buddy that it was his birthday present. The Broncos did not really earn their win. They were given a chance to score when it should have been San Diego's ball. Those Charger fans must be devastated. Human error on the referee's part led to a San Diego loss. That's a tough loss.

Buddy didn't receive a call from his parents yesterday. The last we've heard from them is soon after the hurricane passed. Practically everyone was without power in Houston and I guess they have yet to have their power restored. Since so many people are without power, the cell phone towers are inundated. I can't imagine how horrible it must be down there right now. It was near 100 degrees here yesterday with a lot of humidity but at least we could go somewhere air conditioned and enjoy a cool drink.

On an unrelated note, Nyla is learning a lot of behaviors from Bohdin. Some fine but some not. Bohdin likes to put his hands is his drink now and suck it off his hands. Nyla saw that and tries to do the same thing. She also only wants to drink out of cups. Nyla has started looking a little pouty when she doesn't get her way. It looks a lot like Bohdin. She has started grabbing toys from his hands just like he has done to her countless times. Bohdin has been saying he wants more babies to play with but now he has changed his mind. He also doesn't quite understand the question since he says he wants to keep Nyla.

I've given up on 2 naps a day for Nyla. I'm tired of spending the whole morning trying to get her to sleep. Bohdin doesn't like the new schedule though because he watches tv when she's sleeping or trying to go to sleep. Bohdin has been taking naps most days this past week so it leaves almost no time for him to watch anything. He's in withdrawal.

I made Buddy a cheesecake for his birthday. Bohdin helped me out the night before instead of going for a walk. He did a good job with the mixer. In the morning I put a chocolate ganache over the top. Nyla insisted on being held so it turned into a messy endeavor. I also didn't end up liking the flavor. It was too overwhelming.
 

Bohdin blew out the candles. He refused to try any cake even though he enjoyed licking the batter. He's still on a store bought is better streak. He had a popsicle instead. Nyla didn't eat her dinner and didn't have any cake.
 

Celebrating a Bronco touchdown
 

Kisses
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Glad Budrow was able to enjoy the end of the Denver game, even though some annoying pest called him right in the middle of it. . .