Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sick

We cannot enter a room full of kids and not emerge a few days later sick. The free rhyme time on Monday came with a free serving of cold virus. This is the first time that both kids are sick at the same time. Usually Bohdin gives it to Nyla. It's just a cold but it's still a pain. We couldn't attend the story time at the library today. We also couldn't go to the Smithsonian thing yesterday.

We have a playdate scheduled for tomorrow as a result of the ad. Bohdin hasn't needed a tissue yet today so I think by tomorrow afternoon he should be okay. I hope it works out.

I was watching something on tv yesterday and some people were having their second child. They wanted to ensure that everything they did for the first they would also do for the second so he would feel loved. I don't subscribe to this theory. Things don't have to be equal to be fair. Since I've been making Nyla so many outfits, I was wondering if Bohdin was feeling a little left out. I'm not making him clothes because he already has a ton and the boy fabric isn't as cute. I make Nyla's clothes so she has something that fits her. I asked Bohdin if he wanted me to make him something and he said yes. I think I'll make him a bag like my purse. He loves carrying my purse around as a mail bag. I'll go to the fabric store soon and let him choose something. I can't imagine what he'll choose.

Here are some older pictures that never made it in the blog:

Nyla's new pants. It's the first pair of pants she owns that are not skin tight. Who sizes these girl clothes anyway? I'm not kidding when I say you can get low rise pants for toddlers. Nyla is not skinny enough for girl pants. She can wear boy pants but they generally look like boy pants. I've already made another pair but the legs aren't as wide as the ones in this picture.
 

Nyla eating a cone. I found a recipe for pureed frozen fruit that is pretty tasty. Bohdin won't eat it. He prefers store bought but Nyla eats it right up.
 

Here we are making the chocolate cupcakes a few weeks ago.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: