Thursday, September 18, 2008

Signing

As of last night Buddy's parents were still without power. I'm glad it's not me. That's probably one of those situations that is harder with kids though. A bit of fence needs to be replaced but everything else is fine.

The other thing everybody seems to want to hear about is our downstairs neighbor. As I mentioned earlier we received a note on Saturday. It said that she had tried knocking twice on Friday but nobody answered. She was also not happy that she was awake at 7:30am Saturday morning because she heard running upstairs. It's very unfortunate that us living our lives makes her life miserable. We haven't responded to the note yet. I don't know what we're going to do. If we're going to move on base we need to do it soon because you have to be around for at least a year. That deadline is coming up pretty soon. Does anybody have any advice or thoughts?

Nyla has started signing a bit. She'll sign more if she's encouraged. I think she has signed airplane. She may be signing cup. Her movements are still jerky and imprecise so it's hard to be certain. She's getting older so she should start picking them up more rapidly soon. She doesn't really say any recognizable words. She has said mamamama but I'm not sure she's referring to me. One time she said "en" when I said Bohdin but again it's a bit ambiguous. She's a loud baby so I'm not really looking forward to the talking stage. It will be even louder around her when she starts verbally challenging Bohdin.

2 comments:

P said...

teach Nyla how to sign uncle. It just looks good. Also what kind of lease do you have with your place? one year? two year? any lease break fee?

Helen said...

I am embarrassed to admit that we were stupid enough to sign a 23 month lease. To get out of our lease we would have to find a new tenant or pay 2 months rent.