We are in the middle of a heat wave right now and it's too hot to do anything comfortably outside. It's not too hot to swim but the pool is closed now. I don't think we've been doing much of anything. Bohdin and Nyla's naps were staggered yesterday so the afternoon was spent with one awake baby. I did a lot of cleaning. I guess I'll mention some past stuff since I can't think of anything recent.
Bohdin is still interested in rhyming words. Sometimes the rhyming word is not really a word although it does rhyme. A few weeks ago we were doing some rhyming he says ten n that rhymes. In my head I was thinking "en" is not a word so I asked him what an "en" is. He said "A letter"
Nyla is progressing really well on the slides. She has stopped trying to walk down them and instead can sit and scooch herself until she gets going. It's crazy to see how good she is.
Bohdin wanted to use the ladle the other day and suggested we make a cake. We did make some chocolate fudge cakes. It would have been better for our waistline to make soup though.
We've been reading a lot of books like usual but I don't feel like reviewing them all. I'll highlight the ones Bohdin liked:
Animals aboard! / Andrew Fusek Peters
Ducks don't wear socks / by John Nedwidek
Get to work, trucks! / by Don Carter
Good morning, Digger / by Anne Rockwell - This was a rerun. We had it when Bohdin was about 2. It took me a while to realize why he was saying broken glass and vacant lot. He got it from this book.
Home for a tiger, home for a bear / Brenda Williams
The Hoppameleon / Paul Geraghty
Just like daddy / Frank Asch - This book had Bohdin picking flowers for me
Old black fly / Jim Aylesworth
Our community garden
Truck driver Tom / Monica Wellington
Flora's surprise! / Debi Gliori
Bohdin just woke Nyla up. He insists that "this time I'll be quiet". He just doesn't get it.
3 comments:
Actually, EN and EM are words as well as letters. They are defined as printer's measures (good ol' scrabble words).
and I did notice the change from devils to munchkins........
My mom was strongly opposed to the use of the term devils.
Post a Comment