A shock on our stroller broke last fall. I ordered a new part through REI in February but only went to pick it up on Monday. The part arrived broken but they were able to combine my broken part with the new broken part to fix it. That wasn't the only problem with our pick up. On Saturday, Bohdin was holding my credit card to give to the waitress at a restaurant. The restaraunt had wood floors with sort of wide cracks between the planks. The credit card in a freak incident fell between the cracks to an unreachable spot beneath the restaurant. It's not that big of a deal for me since I rarely use the credit card. Unfortunately, I did need it at REI because I couldn't use my debit card and I didn't have cash. We had to make a quick trip across the street to the ATM.
While waiting for the part to be installed I wanted Bohdin to try the pedaless bike they had. He didn't like it very much and wanted to try a bike with training wheels. The first one he tried was too small and he looked like a clown. Not wanting to adjust the seat to its highest level I put him on a bigger bike. It took him a few minutes but in no time he was riding circles around the store without running into anything. Since he had never been on a bike before and on a tricycle a handful of times, I was surprised at how well he picked it up. He loved the bike and wanted me to buy it. I wasn't about to take another trip to the ATM machine and thought we could get one much cheaper at Walmart or Craigslist. So far we haven't tried any other bikes out but maybe today.
We have no prospects for a rental house yet. The market here for the areas we are looking is crazy. One has to jump on something almost the first day to get in. We've learned our lesson. I told the downstairs neighbor that we would be moving so I think she has been a little more patient with us. She hasn't banged on the ceiling since the baby has been born.
When we were driving back from REI I stopped and got a snack for Bohdin. He had eaten all of the food I had on the trip up. It's almost an hour drive so asking him to wait was unreasonable. In addition to food I asked for one cup of water. I wish I had asked for two because Bohdin handed it to Nyla for a drink and then a war ensued when she wouldn't give it back. Eventually she handed it over and somehow it ended up spilling. Bohdin was crying and complaining that Nyla threw it at him. I talked to Bohdin about it and he eventually stopped crying. Nyla persisted with her crying. I asked her if she threw the cup at Bohdin and she nodded her head no. I then asked if she handed him the cup but it spilled and she nodded her head yes. Then she stopped crying. I guess she wanted a chance at rebuttal.
No comments:
Post a Comment