Buddy left for Philadelphia today and asked if we would come. I'm feeling a bit traveled out though. We'll still go but as grudgingly as I did to NJ last week. It's too early to visit the gardens around Philadelphia which is what I really want to do up there besides have gelato. Instead we'll probably head to the Children's museum.
I was skimming a book last night titled "The Secret of Play". The one year old stuff didn't really resonate with me but the four year old stuff described Bohdin perfectly. Apparently he is a very typical four year old. The play milestones for a four year old are:
Delay gratification - for the most part he can do this.
Count up to ten - well he can actually count far beyond that but he does enjoy counting which the book says four year olds like to do. He surprised me two weeks ago by doing some multiplication.
Crack jokes - yes
Finish jigsaw puzzles - Bohdin actually doesn't enjoy puzzles that much but he can do it.
Boast about accomplishments - yes
Measure and sort - He loves sorting. He sorts everything he can find. Also one of his favorite toys is a measuring tape. At one of the rental houses we looked at he measured it in Bohdins. The bedroom was 3.5 Bohdin's long and wide. It was a pretty small room and we passed on that house.
Throw a ball overhand - I don't know.
Hop on one foot - yes
The book also mentioned increased aggression and violence. Unfortunately, we've seen this also. Well Nyla certainly has. Today he was running around and every time he passed Nyla he touched her face. It's wasn't hard but it did annoy her. Bohdin has been doing lots of mild bumping into her recently that she has made her quite annoyed.
A one year old changes so much that it's difficult to describe a typical one. Nyla seems so much older than just a month ago. She is speaking more and just generally acting older. Now when I look at her she seems much more of a toddler than baby.
1 comment:
cherry trees blossoming?
Post a Comment