Saturday morning we went to the first of the appointments. It was in an area that we liked. The house was priced at the lower end of our budget. Below $1700 is generally shack level - no AC, 2 tiny bedrooms and a bath - that sort of thing. The house we looked at while not beautiful was the first home we looked at that was not in disrepair. I wasn't in love with it but Buddy thought it was the one. We told him on the spot that we would take it. He said we are #1 on the list but it may not be available after all. We'll find out at the end of the week. I'm not holding my breath. I never mentioned that one of the houses I liked earlier was almost ours also. While we were in NYC one of my perfect houses came back on the market after some sort of fallout with the first set of potential renters. We were next in line but didn't make it back home in time to sign the paperwork. By the time we came back the original couple worked out the differences and it was gone again.
So this house is a split level which I hate but it has plenty of room. It's cheap, has a yard that we don't have to maintain and should work out fine if we get it. I'm not in love with the pink carpet or wallpaper but I can get rugs and maybe ask to remove the wallpaper. If it works out we can move in the end of May.
I cancelled the afternoon appointments although a little reluctantly. After having spoken on the phone with one of the landlords I wanted to meet him. His wife is from Broomfield. I told him to gave her call me sometime. If she doesn't I may call her despite the fact that I would seem kind of stalkerish. Instead of driving out we dyed Easter eggs. I had more fun than I thought I would. I should have bought more than a dozen eggs. Bohdin was excited all day Saturday but Sunday morning we almost had to drag him outside to look for the eggs. Once outside though he had a blast looking for them. He was so fast I couldn't get in front of him to take pictures. Nyla found a few but only because we redirected Bohdin's attention elsewhere.
We were looking at the Playmobil catalog last week and I was writing down his birthday list. Bohdin picked out one toy in the catalog for Nyla. It was the boy with 4 dogs and doghouse. Ironically when we were at the playmobil store a few weeks ago I picked up this very thing for Nyla to put in her Easter basket. Bohdin received the two mystery cars I had bought in NYC. He said he was most excited about those but spent the afternoon playing with the dogs.
We're still playing Easter bunny around here by hiding plastic eggs and finding them. The game is a lot funner when I'm the Easter bunny because Bohdin hides them in the same spot over and over. After finding an egg in the same spot for the tenth round, it gets a little old.

1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing!!
Post a Comment