Sunday, April 19, 2009

Springing Forward

As I was brushing my teeth one night, Bohdin grabbed the computer and started doing something. Nyla snuggled up next to him.
 

We hadn't seen Bohdin's friend N- in a long time so Thursday morning I called to see if we could meet at the playground. Spring had finally arrived and it was a glorious day. I went to the closet to grab a shirt and opened the door to discover this:
 

Bohdin had hit the hangers and the clothes came tumbling down to the floor. This is one of three hanging racks. I was mad and disappointed but even more so the next day when he did it again.

Bohdin and N- had a fun time playing together after an initial warm up time. N- arrived a little grumpy. Bohdin spent that time trying to show N-'s mom all the things he could do. I wished I didn't have to drag him away from his fun. They were pulling flower buds off the bushes but Nyla was tired and really needed a nap. We'll try to arrange a time to meet N- in the nature preserve. They seem to only get along when playing with sticks and bushes and things.

Bohdin spent his and Nyla's Easter money on a Playmobil bus. He's been playing with it a lot. Despite it being another beautiful day on Friday I had trouble dragging him out of the house. I wasn't able to do it without tears and not until late in the day. We made it to the playground after 6. There were lots of little boys there but Bohdin went back to his bushes. Nyla loves to swing but both baby swings were occupied so she wanted to use a regular swing. I set her on it and told her to hold on. I thought for sure she would fall off. She didn't. In fact, she would stretch herself backward with her face looking up into the sky.

We haven't yet heard back on the rental house. If this falls through we'll probably just stay here through the summer. Our lease is up the end of October. Maybe we'll have better luck in the fall and we don't have to worry about breaking our lease. In the meantime we'll do our best to grow something on our patio. It's against the rules because only a grill is allowed on the patio but everybody is breaking the rules so hopefully we don't get in trouble. We bought some large pots at Costco yesterday.

 
 

I went into the library quickly with Bohdin yesterday while Buddy and Nyla stayed in the car. Bohdin had been holding a huge bucket of jelly beans in the car. Upon returning the jar was empty. Buddy said that Nyla ate all of the jelly beans but Bohdin didn't beleive it. He also didn't believe that Buddy had eaten them. He wanted to know where those jelly beans went because he wanted to eat some. Buddy grabbed the empty jar (I had meant to drop off the recycling on the way to the library but forgot. That's why an empty one was in the car). Anyway, Buddy grabbed the empty jar and said he could get them out of his stomach and back into the jar. He hunched over in his seat and made gagging noises. The empty jar and full jar were both on the floor between his legs. He pulled out the full jar and handed it back. Bohdin took a few seconds and said "You switched it". There is no fooling Bohdin. Buddy asked him if it was a good trick. Now Bohdin wants to do lots of tricks. I hope Buddy enjoys what he started.

Last night I read a book to Bohdin called "My Mom is a Firefighter". I asked him if would like it if I was a firefighter. He said he wouldn't like it because then we wouldn't be able to spend as much time together.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the balcony having repair work done? (ladder)

Helen said...

I took the ladder out to replace a light bulb in the kitchen which I have not yet done. Buddy thought it might be useful for holding containers.