Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patio gardening

Buddy converted one of our pots to a self watering container on Sunday. Soon he'll finish the next one. Bohdin and Nyla helped in various ways. Bohdin is quite excited to have a garden. I hope it works out.

 
 
 

Nyla just woke up and I can't think of anything that has been going on. I've been looking into some homeschool curriculum for Bohdin. Based on some testing this morning he is about ready for first grade math. It seems that deliberately teaching him things would make regular schooling out of the question. He won't be ready to enter kindergarten for another year. As I'm typing this he's working on a Clifford phonics game that is not challenging to him at all. It has rhyming and that sort of stuff on there. He likes his work to not be challenging though so maybe it would be okay.

He wanted me to take a picture of him in his pillow house.
 

One thing has been going on and I hope I don't jinx myself by saying it. Nyla has been doing pretty well on the potty recently. She prefers Bohdin to take her since she generally doesn't like to go alone. It's so cute to see them going potty together in the morning. Nyla sitting on the little potty and Bohdin standing up and using the big one.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you should not be visited by racoons and rabbits...

Anonymous said...

raccoons

Unknown said...

Yay for going on the potty! That dress is adorable on Nyla. Did you make it?

P said...

so what does Bohdin want to plant?

Helen said...

I did make the dress. Thanks.

Bohdin wants to grow "tomatoes, carrots, grapes, spinach, cucumber, peppermint (what is peppermint?). That's it. Maybe we should grow potatoes since I like them so much. I like broccoli. We could grow cherries. Pears! That's it"