Monday, April 27, 2009

Lots of news

I kid Bohdin around all the time about having another baby. He always says we shouldn't have a baby because I only have two breasts. There just isn't enough room. I can't remember if we had this conversation Friday morning. Bohdin, Nyla, and I were sitting on the bed talking about her stuffed dog and doll when Bohdin turned excitedly to Nyla and told her "We're going to have a baby! You're going to have a sister." I told him that we were not going to have a baby. These things take a long time and stuff along that line. His comment stuck with me throughout the day so I pulled out a pregnancy test just to prove him wrong. The test was positive. I was stunned. I thought it must be a false positive. I didn't think I was pregnant. Another test the following day confirmed it. I guess. I'm still having a hard time believing it. I guess around Christmas we'll have anther baby. Throughout the weekend Bohdin changed from sister to twins to brother.

We called to break the news to several people on Sunday. The best reaction came from my dad who matter of factly stated that three is a minimum. He also went on to say that 3 wouldn't be any harder than 2. There are people out there who feel that more than two children is a crime against the planet. If this is true, I have more crimes to confess:

1. I buy Tyson chicken. Not only are the chickens treated poorly but the poop is a serious contributor to the pollution of the Chesapeake Bay.
2. I don't always recycle. I throw stuff away that will be in a landfill for centuries. I buy stuff with bulky packaging. I use plastic sandwich bags.
3. I use fossil fuels. I dry my clothes in the dryer. I use air conditioning. I drive.

Saturday morning we went to a plant sale to pick up some tomato plants. Bohdin chose Dino Egg and Chocolate Stripe. We only had room for one of his choices so we put back Chocolate Stripe. I chose a small tomato called Sweet Pea Currant. I hope they grow well for us. We planted spinach and lettuce seeds also (organic seeds - I'm not a total planet destroyer). Later Bohdin and Buddy went to the robot festival at the Electronics Museum while Nyla and I stayed home. Bohdin seemed to have a fun time. He talked about the fighting robots and playing with the Rockenbok stuff.

 

It was hot this weekend and on Sunday Bohdin was complaining about being sweaty, Nyla was too hot to nap, and we were all just withering in the heat. I had to turn the AC on. Nyla finally fell asleep while Bohdin and Buddy went to ChuckECheese. They were trying to go somewhere cooler. Bohdin said he won lots of tickets. He brought home plastic binoculars, two crazy straws, and some candy.

This morning we were planning a trip to the library and then a stop at the playground. After buckling the kids I opened my door and saw something amiss. Somebody had tried to steal my car. Except for the ignition stuff and steering column, nothing was touched. My GPS was sitting right there in plain sight. It seems like such a random car to try to steal. The car is worth less than $4000. The policeman said that a 2000 Honda Civic was stolen nearby. They were looking for my exact car but somehow bungled the theft of mine. Better to have damage than a stolen car especially since we did all of that maintenance last week. Now we'll have to get it towed to the mechanic and get it fixed. It should cost a few hundred dollars. I think Buddy left the car unlocked after he drove it yesterday. There weren't any signs of forced entry. That was a lucky break. It would suck to have to replace the window also.

 

Buddy came home from work and waited with me for the cop. We all began to wither in the heat eventually (it will be 90 today). The kids played outside a bit and were excited to see daddy during the day. I just finished the outfit that Nyla is wearing. There are a few things about it I don't like but overall it's okay.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

anna said...

Wow! Congratulations to you guys!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Wow -- Bohdin's got the Shining!

Oh, and congratulations :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I love your confessions. Mine are very similar.

Helen said...

Thanks!

P said...

who says that you are going to have one. Maybe it will be twins?

P said...

wow Bohdin is going to be pissed when he grows up and realizes that you dressed him in capri pants.