We were out for a walk yesterday and Bohdin was near a raised bed of grass. Bohdin asked why they planted grass there. I asked him what they should have planted instead. He said "A garden. Then everyone could pick vegetables and take them home." That is a a better idea than grass.
I was trying to remember a number the other day and told Bohidn that it was 40 or 50 or 60. Not to miss a teaching opportunity I said "I'm counting by tens. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100." Bohdin said "I already know that. They have that at playground. It's by the bumpy slide." Sure enough I saw it when we went to the playground and he was indeed able to count by tens.
I've been accused of being a surprise ruiner in the past and this week that was true. I bought Bohdin and Nyla several Playmobil things with the intention of keeping them put away for a long time. Like Bohdin's birthday or something. That didn't last. All but one is now open. He has had such a fun time playing though. He didn't want to watch his show on tv yesterday because he was too busy playing and he also didn't want to go to bed. He just wasn't done. Yesterday he was pretending that he was one of the children. He took the bus with daddy to the grocery store. They bought so many groceries that a package truck needed to deliver them. Once they arrived home Bohdin's uncles came to visit. They brought a fire truck and used the ladder to help get the packages up to the second story of the house. It went on from there. Today they watched a different uncle dive for treasure. Bohdin just walked in wanting us to play with his Playmobil stuff. Apparently there are some packages to deliver. Time to get to work.

No comments:
Post a Comment