Bohdin and Nyla are both asleep right now. This is Bohdin't first nap in what feels like years but is really a week. It has been driving me nuts to not have the breaks. In addition, Bohdin has been going through the house like a tornado. He needs more sleep than he has been getting. So now I can take a deep breath and enjoy the quiet for a little while.
I was at the end of my rope yesterday so Buddy came home from work early (6pm). I left Buddy with the kids and went to the mall. I haven't bought myself much new summer clothes in a long time. I needed some because the movers lost most of my shorts and all of my skirts. Last summer I was hugely pregnant so the stuff remaining was at least 2 years old. That's two years of dirty toddler hands and baby collar pulling. A lot of the stuff was on sale since it's getting close to the end of the season. I resisted the urge to look at kid stuff and focused on myself. I ended up with 2 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts. It was nice to be by myself. I need to do that more.
I finished up the laundry at a different laundromat this morning. It is so so hot and humid outside. We were all sweaty messes upon returning home. I can't believe so many people choose to live in humid climates. What's the appeal?
I'll be leaving for Colorado when I find two spots on the airplane sometime in the next few days. With the whole laundry thing, I haven't been able to go to the grocery store to prepare meals for Buddy while I'm gone. I've decided it is my goal to raise Bohdin to be self sufficient. Not just when he's alone but when he has a partner. Is there a guy out there who doesn't become a lazy blob when there is a girl in his life to take care of him? Do I have an unrealistic goal?
9 comments:
Be fair.
You mean Wendy is supposed to take care of *me*? When did I miss this memo?
Wow, I must be psychic, because as soon as I read this post I correctly predicted who the first two comments would be from and their general content. Yay for me!
Dang, you mean I am predictable!!?
I prefer "dependable" . . .
hey since you are coming to visit me do you mind do a few load of my laundry? it is really not that much, just until Jen comes back. great thanks.
I'm not really sure what you mean by "Be fair". Buddy will say he's on a "diet" or "I don't like to eat alone" or some other excuse for not heating up food in the microwave while I'm gone. I don't come home to clean sheets or a clean bathtub.
If you mean that I am lazy when Buddy is gone then that is sort of true. We don't eat as elaborately when he's gone. I won't go through the trouble of making nice meals for just Bohdin and I. We'll eat rice and tuna fish or macaroni and cheese. I can't think of a "Buddy chore" that doesn't get done when he's gone.
I have to brag on Tyler for just a moment and let you know that there are men that aren't helpless. When I am out of town, he is able to cook and clean without any problems. I usually come home to a clean apartment, no dishes, no laundry and dinner waiting. I do wait on him hand and foot most of the time, but he manages just fine without me.
I choose somebody told him or he guessed.
Post a Comment