We went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some pictures to send to Buddy's grandmother who turns 80 today. Happy Birthday. As I was buckling Nyla into her carseat Bohdin pulls down his shorts and underwear and pees right there in the parking lot. This is the third time in a week that he has peed outside like that. The first time was in the parking lot at the playground while I was buckling Nyla in again. I came around to his side and there is a puddle on the ground. When I asked about it he said he had peed. I carry a potty in the car with me. The other time was at the swimming pool. We decided to change him back into his clothes after swimming because it had become a tad chilly to be wet. When he took off his wet bathing suit he just peed right there on the pool deck. When I saw what he had done today in the parking lot we had this conversation:
me: I have a potty in the car.
Bohdin: Well it's too late now.
me: Um. Okay. Well next time let me know and I'll get the potty for you.
Bohdin: Okay
Buddy says that Bohdin's comment sounds like me. I'm not surprised since he has stolen many of my comments.
I thought I might take some time and respond to some comments. When Buddy saw the video of Bohdin and the fabric cube over Nyla's head he said some people might have intervened. I agree and when I watched the video I thought that would be a common thought. Nyla is really really good at telling a person when she doesn't like something. I did intervene as soon as she stopped liking it.
Paul commented that Nyla would get picked on for a long time. Buddy disagrees. He says that Nyla is strong and is meaner than Bohdin so she will be the one to watch.
Cap'n Neurotic mentioned missing out on the sibling relationship since he was an only child. I love seeing the two of them have fun together. It is so much more work to have 2 kids but it will be worth it. The sibling relationship is generally the longest relationship of your life. I hope they always find as much comfort in each other as they do now. I know not all sibling relationships are great but I'm fortunate to have good ones. Most of my favorite memories of childhood involve Paul. Even as adults he's an important part of my life.
Walking update: Nyla is not taking any more steps than she was several weeks ago. She stands and thinks about walking at times but will usually decide to crawl. She is doing a better job of standing from a crawling position. She used to use a wall or another object to help her up.
1 comment:
yes Bohdin, remember the outdoors is not only for number 1, number 2 makes a really good surprise, but it is better if no ones knows about it. That kid really is my nephew.
Post a Comment